viernes, 28 de mayo de 2010

Two Lovers - James Gray (2008)

The three previous (and acclaimed) films directed by James Gray were (if my memory doesn't fool me) black genre stories placed in New York. In this one there's no criminal record of any kind but the environment is the same, and the people too, I guess. Just that now the subject is love. Yes, that crazy little thing called love and how lives change according to it. It helps that the main character is played by Joaquin Phoenix, a non especially handsome guy. And it also helps that the two women are Gwyneth Paltrow and Vinessa Shaw, both of them especially charming gals. We see human beings acting and reacting with their minds and hearts. Very good picture I think. I'll keep tracking mister Gray in the future.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario