viernes, 30 de julio de 2010

Nothing To Be Frightened Of - Julian Barnes

Well, the title comforts even if after reading the book the conclusions are not so clear. Once again I'm persuaded that "feeling" is not one of my best qualities. I mean Julian Barnes sometimes stays awake at night terrified by death. I am afraid of death, who not?, but not in such paralyzing way, I guess. I'm kind of dumb in this feeling affair (and in some other matters, by the way). Even so, I have enjoyed the book. Julian Barnes not only feels but also writes. It's a pleasure to follow his explanations; his concise, exact use of english. Here's all you could have ever thought about death and God and a lot more you haven't. At the very beginning Julian says "I don't believe in God, but I miss Him".

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario